Business Electric for Industrial Units
When you’re running a commercial building such as an industrial unit, you may be considering switching provider if they’re not providing your business with satisfactory energy services. This can be damaging to any company as an infrequent or poor supply can wreak havoc on your daily operations, and has the possibility of leading to down-time which will cost your business money.
The chances are, your industrial unit is spending too much money on utilities such as heating, electricity and other forms of energy and you could save money by switching to a better tariff.
Using our switching service, you’ll be able to view detailed quotes from a variety of different providers and save up to 60% of your business’ industrial unit energy costs. We will take all of the hassle out of finding a new provider to make the handover as stress-free and disruptive as possible to your business.
How to Reduce Electricity Costs
Whilst switching providers can help you to cut your industrial unit’s electricity costs dramatically, you may also want to look into other ways in which your bill can be cut.
This can be done by simply replacing any pieces of technology in your industrial unit to newer models that are more energy-efficient. You can also keep doors closed whenever possible to reduce the money that you spend heating and cooling the area.
The following techniques can aid in reducing your business energy bills:
Maintaining plumbing and pipes
- Use motion sensor lighting in areas of the industrial unit that are infrequently used, such as toilets and corridors, to avoid energy from lighting being wasted and unnecessarily paid for.
- Switch to low-energy bulbs in order to conserve energy and reduce bills through a decrease in consumption.
Heating an industrial unit
The cost of heating up an entire space that is used for industrial activities can be expensive. However, these tips can help to reduce the amount of money that you spend on heating:
- Replace the unit’s boiler with a more energy-efficient model
- Install a building management system (BMS) that can control the heating of the industrial unit. It aids with controlling multiple rooms and is excellent for multi-site heating cost reductions, having the possibility of reducing your energy bills by as much as 10% over the course of one year.
- Use radiator valves and timed thermostats to gain control on how your industrial unit is heated throughout the year.
- Maintain a constant temperature of between 19 and 21 degrees Celsius for the comfort of your employees. This also makes the heating you’re purchasing worthwhile as less is going to waste.
Whilst there are many tips that can help to reduce the amount of money your business spends on electricity, the best way to significantly cut the cost is to switch provider. Our business electric brokers are on-hand to get your organisation the best deal possible; simply get in touch today and let us help!
Let us find you competitive electricity tariffs
Either fill in our simple form or speak to one of our team and we'll deal with everything.