By using our business energy comparison service, you will be able to discover whether or not you are paying too much for your energy bills so you can get started with finding a better monthly rate as soon as possible. The sooner you switch to a different energy provider, the sooner you can start saving money in your pub or bar business.
Pub energy efficiency
While it’s true that switching your supplier can save you money on your energy bills, there are many other changes you can make to accomplish this. When you take the time to make at least some of these changes, you will be able to start saving money on your energy bills right away.
Heating and hot water
Heating and hot water often accounts for as much as 40% of an entire pub’s energy bill, so it is therefore important that you find multiple ways to reduce it as much as possible.
- By insulating your boilers and pipes properly, you will reduce heat loss while saving quite a bit of money on your gas bill.
- Get all boilers in your pub or bar serviced regularly or replaced if necessary. By getting a new, more energy-efficient boiler for your pub, you could potentially save hundreds of pounds in a single year.
Cooling and refrigeration
- Try not to run your air conditioning up too high in your pub when it’s not really necessary. You should only turn the AC on when the temperature goes above 26 degrees Celsius.
- Make sure that all refrigerators and freezers are maintained properly and regularly. All seals on doors should be in top condition, and no vents or fans should be blocked in any way as this could make the appliances inefficient.
- Switching to more energy-efficient light bulbs will consume a lot less energy than standard ones, and they last a whole lot longer.
- Fitting your lights with motion sensors can also help you save money on your monthly bill as they will automatically shut off when nobody is in the room.
- Make your employees aware of all the different ways they can help make your pub more energy-efficient on a regular basis.
- You should at least look into drought-proofing your business, as you can make your pub up to 35 percent more energy-efficient by doing so.
- Getting your wall and roof insulation replaced with a more energy-efficient material can drastically reduce the amount of money you pay on your pub’s energy bills each month.
- Having double glazed windows installed can be somewhat expensive, but doing so will ultimately save you quite a bit of money on your bar’s energy bills in the long term.
- On average, we save our customers a massive 60% on their business energy bills. Your pub could experience the same by using our comparison tool that compares many different business energy providers in order for your pub or bar to find the best tariff.